There have been so many advances in pitcher training over the past decade:
- High speed video, enabling biomechanical analysis
- Injury screening technologies and tests
- Greater knowledge of throwing injuries and their causes (poor mechanics/over-use!)
- Velocity training protocols and techniques
- Improved strength and power training techniques and equipment
- Advancements in sports nutrition
- Smart sensors and devices that measure body and ball movement in three dimensions
- Statistics to understand relationships between pitch type/velo/location and movement vs. results
- Cognitive/mental training research on competitiveness and performing to potential
You could probably add a dozen more. All these advances have added to the mix and contributed to evolution on the mound. It requires a TEAM of EXPERTS to understand all these tools and apply the right mix, at the right time for individual players.
There is no way a single person could keep up with all this. He would need to be a doctor, a trainer, a nutritionist and a former pitcher that competed at the highest levels. Too many guys running “pitcher development programs” miss all these qualifications and do not build of a team of experts to support players.
In simple terms, that is the MACH-1 difference.
The MACH-1 TEAM combines doctors with deep experience with pitchers at the highest level, working with trainers with equally deep experience in strength/power training, sports nutritionists focused on HS/college athletes and a team of baseball pitching experts led by an 11 year MLB veteran that learned from the top pitchers in the game, including HOF players like Nolan Ryan, John Smoltz, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and Trevor Hoffman.
The MACH-1 TEAM is doing things the right way, with the right expertise, passion and perseverance. That’s the MACH-1 difference.